Skip to main content

Blog Journal #1


First let's talk about me.

I was born and raised in Jacksonville Florida in a family where education is held in high regard. My Cousin also attended Florida State University, though I'm the first in the family to pursue a degree in either History or Religion. I used to live with my mom, dad, and younger sister. our family as a whole has 6 cats and 5 dogs. I'm personally involved in multiple non-profit charity organizations like Daughters of the Nile, The International Order of Rainbow for Girls, The Order of the Eastern Star, and affiliated with the Freemasons, Demolay, The York Rite, The Shriners, The Scottish Rite, and Amaranth organizations. I also volunteer with my church in the children department (teaching), the worship/music team (online presence), and in bible study. I enjoy helping people and learning new things, always one to delve into a new topic on a whim - history being my favorite subject. I want to go on to help people learn about history, various religions, and themselves so that as a society we can move toward less ignorance through being educated without bias and with concrete fact not fiction.

My Experiences with Technology.

In my involvement in many areas in my community and in my personal life, with my family being very technologically advanced (mainly my mother), I've used a multitude of different programs and technology. In educational settings I've primarily used Microsoft Word and that's been my go-to for years upon years whilst growing up and in doing assignment for school etc. I've turned to using more google programs in past years due to slight ease of access and financial strain. In more recent years in my volunteer work, I've used Canva, Weebly, and various social media platforms to aid me outreach and creating content.

Personal Learning Networks.

My personal learning networks or my resources that support my learning needs usually consists on settings and people. Environments that foster my learning and creativity are very cozy places that are overall very calm and encourage learning in a non-judgmental space amongst peers or in isolation. I prefer to work quietly at my home office or in a space with other people that is not rowdy, like a classroom or library area. When it comes to people, I do enjoy the realistic-type people who will not sugar coat anything (like my dad) and also people that will encourage branching out or motivate you to delve into something that interests you or may be difficult (like my mom). people that don't pay any mind to age or experience, just a desire to learn and who want to better themselves, those are my kind of people. different technologies like social media and other programs that help me research and learn what I'm interested in, are a part of my personal learning network, as well as organizations that inspire me to become a better person than I am currently and encourage me to do so by furthering my education and knowledge in all things I'm interested in.

Comments

  1. Hi Corah, my name is Matthew. I have much respect for all the services and volunteer places you participate in. I wish I could get motivated into learning new things as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey CJ, I loved reading about all of your volunteer opportunities. I particularly enjoyed your stance on educating everyone without bias. I agree that we live in a biased society and including history of different cultures and religions is an important aspect to include in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Image Attribution

  " Kurdistan Nature, Landscape " by  Kurdistan Photo كوردستان  is licensed under  CC BY-SA 2.0 . 

Blog Journal 10

New Skills From working on Assignment 5, I learned more on how to link icons and control how a powerpoint can be viewed outside of regular navigation. I learned more on how to manipulate text boxes and create a particular layout for the powerpoint slides which was very interesting to discover as I've always used the plain format given when clicking for a new slide. I did not care for the way that I had to be incredibly particular and detail-oriented to make each button work and navigate to where I desired and not follow regular navigation in the slideshow. To improve on this assignment next time, I think that I would dedicate more time to perfect the vision I had for the review game I created and to also include more information for each slide for students to review information that they answered incorrectly on the questions. Data Collection Tools I think I will use data collection tools in order to communicate with parents and...

Blog Journal 8

 Web Design Assignment New Skills While working on the Web Design Assignment, I used a very basic and modern design aesthetic and decided to make the website very user-friendly and easy to maneuver around for both students and parents ease of access. I actually consulted a resource that helped me design the website so that those with attention disabilities could use it without issue as I've known people in the past that have struggled in this respect. I made sure to have information in multiple spots in different formats, like the curriculum for parents in two spots (so they're aware of topics and can assist at home) with a link to a comprehensive website, and also put the helpful sources (videos) that accompanied this curriculum for the students to use for help in comprehension. I really liked this activity though I have personally used weekly in the past in a professional setting so it was relatively easy for me to utilize and I had no real issues in putting the site together...